Support the Twin Lakes Garden
Twin Lakes has over 80 raised garden beds growing fresh produce for our guests. In 2017, over 3,500 pounds of fresh fruits and vegetables were produced! Many thanks to Mount Olive Church for donating the land.
History of the Twin Lakes Garden
- In 2012, Twin Lakes partnered with Mount Olive Church to start the Twin Lakes garden on Mount Olive property. The initial garden had 28 raised beds with a local Girl Scout adding nine fruit trees.
- In 2013, the raised bed count was increased to 48 as a result of a local Eagle Scout project.
- 2014 brought us another generous Eagle Scout and a green house was built.
- The garden continues to expand and improve with grants from the Folsom Garden Club in addition to various generous donors and countless volunteers.
Many, many thanks to our tireless volunteer
Garden Supervisor, Gerry Stone
You can help support the Twin Lakes garden in the following ways:
- Volunteer! We could always use more help in maintaining our garden.
- Come on Tuesday or Thursday mornings, 9 AM-12:30 PM. Stay for the whole time or just a couple hours. It all helps!
- We have periodic opportunities to help on Saturday mornings. Check our Volunteer page for more information.
- During the fall and spring we have additional planting needs. If you have a group that can donate a few hours, please contact Carol, our Volunteer Coordinator, at CarolPerez@TwinLakesFoodBank.org.
- Donate! Throughout the year, we have various garden needs.
- Top soil or funds to help purchase top soil.
- Starter plants
- Springtime: peppers, tomatoes, eggplants, squash, and cucumbers
- Autumn: lettuces, spinach, beets, kale, and chard
- Shovels, handheld garden tools, and gloves