Host a Food Drive
Food Drives are a year-round way to make a difference in ending hunger. Not only does it provide non-perishable food that Twin Lakes relies on every day, but it helps educate our community on food insecurity and get more people involved in hunger relief efforts.
How to Host a Food Drive:
- Decide on collection date(s).
- Holding food drives throughout the year helps us provide plenty of food for our guests year round. Fall is a very popular time for collecting food. Consider hosting a drive in the spring or summer too! Hunger doesn’t take a vacation.
- Decide on what you want to collect.
- Click here for our list of most needed items. Or maybe designate a theme (breakfast foods, main dishes, veggies, etc.).
- Register your food drive.
- Please register your food drive by filling out this form to help us prepare to receive your food. The form will also allow you to request collection barrels.
- Communicate your food drive.
- Click here for food drive slogan suggestions.
- Offer to collect funds in addition to non-perishable foods.
- Communicate your drive via flyers, email, social media, etc.
- Create a food drive flyer and poster.
- Hold your food drive.
- Items can be collected in boxes Or use Twin Lakes barrels requested on Registration form.
- Provide envelopes for those donating funds.
- Transfer food and funds collected to Twin Lakes Food Bank.
- Deliver your collected food during our service hours or,
- Prepare food for pickup as requested on Registration form.